Wilted Spinach Salad
Hardboiled eggs may be added to this salad, if desired.
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Clean spinach and dry with paper towels. Put the spinach into a serving bowl.
- Mix together the sugar and vinegar, making sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Cut bacon into bite-size pieces. Fry until crisp.
- Meanwhile, cut onion into bite-size pieces.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Remove most of grease leaving about 3 tablespoons in the skillet.
- Add onions to the grease. When the onions are almost done, add the mushrooms, if using.
- Add the vinegar mixture to the onions and mushrooms. Let mixture get hot, add walnuts, if using, then pour over spinach.