Bloody Mary Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Salt and
pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon
juice, horseradish, basil, anchovy paste and garlic. Pulse until just blended. With
motor running slowly, drizzle in olive oil.
- After all the oil has been incorporated,
add the tomato and blend until finely chopped.
- Season to taste.
Yields: 1 1/2 cups
Tip: Serve over the mixed greens, sliced vine ripe tomatoes, cooked asparagus,
and sprinkle with chopped celery. The sauce is also delicious over cooked green
Try Bloody Mary Dressing as a dipping sauce; your guests will love its refreshing
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 28, 2001.