Bloody Mary Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Salt and
pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon
juice, horseradish, basil, anchovy paste and garlic. Pulse until just blended. With
motor running slowly, drizzle in olive oil.
- After all the oil has been incorporated,
add the tomato and blend until finely chopped.
- Season to taste.
Yields: 1 1/2 cups
Tip: Serve over the mixed greens, sliced vine ripe tomatoes, cooked asparagus,
and sprinkle with chopped celery. The sauce is also delicious over cooked green
Try Bloody Mary Dressing as a dipping sauce; your guests will love its refreshing
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 28, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.