Cooked Salad Dressing
This is good in potato salad or with spinach and hardboiled eggs.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs in saucepan; add water, then vinegar.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring to keep from sticking.
- When thickened, set off heat to cool.
- Add cream or milk until of the right consistency.