Cooked Coleslaw Dressing
Make the coleslaw your way, then use this dressing, it is delicious and worth
the time making. I double the recipe and we use it on much more than coleslaw.
- 1/2 cup veggie or olive oil, or 1/4 cup of each
- 1 cup red or white wine vinegar
or 1/2 cup of each
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black
pepper or red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except the Dijon Mustard. Bring
to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally;
reduce heat if bubbling up.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- When chilled, whisk in Dijon mustard.
- Serve over coleslaw, Romaine or Spinach salad.
Makes a good basting sauce for
chicken or pork chops too.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Bobi, Rdg, Mexico.