Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
I got this recipe from a friend at work. It is a really good dipping sauce...
And it's great on a spinach salad with either boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, and
extra bacon or smoked chicken or turkey and fruit-nut trail mix.
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard, yellow or Creole or whatever
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings or oil (we use olive or canola)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Real bacon bits (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Add enough cider vinegar to thin to the proper consistency.
- Stir in bacon bits as desired.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Posted by Missy at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/2002 10:41 am.