Hot Bacon Dressing
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add onion to bacon fat in pan and cook 5 minutes till onion is soft.
- With a slotted
spoon, add onion to bacon.
- Pour bacon fat into a measuring cup and add vegetable
oil to equal 1/2 cup.
- Add bacon fat to cornstarch mixture and reserve.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and heat to
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook till thickened (1-2 minutes).
- Remove from
heat and add bacon and onion.
- Use while warm.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/14/01 3:15:54 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.