This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rectory Roquefort Salad Dressing
This mild Roquefort dressing is delicious over torn spinach or any combination
of mixed salad greens.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- In a small bowl, gradually stir about half of the olive oil into the cheese until
combined. Transfer to a screw-top jar.
- Add remaining oil, white wine vinegar, lemon
juice, capers, sugar (if desired), salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Cover tightly
and shake well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Shake again before serving.
Makes about 2 cups.
Blue Cheese Salad Dressing: Prepare salad dressing as directed except substitute
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, for the Roquefort cheese.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 134 cal., 15 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 3 mg chol.,
133 mg sodium, 1 g carb., 0 g fiber, and 1 g pro
Dietary exchanges: 3 fat
Source: Our Daily Bread cookbook, published by the Women of Bruton Parish
Church, Williamsburg, Virginia