You may wish to add a sprig or two of fresh herbs as available. Occasionally
substituting freshly-squeezed lemon juice for the vinegar makes a pleasant dressing,
especially in the summer.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large peeled and smashed garlic clove
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put all ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well and let
steep at least an hour before use.
- This will keep in refrigerator for a week.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
Yields approximately 2/3 cup.
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 6/26/02 4:52:26 am.