Jalapeño-Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
This burger has layers of flavor from the seasoning in the ground
beef to the molten center of Cheddar cheese with jalapeño slices.
- 1 onion (How to Caramelize Onions)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope burger seasoning mix (any flavor desired)
- 2 jalapeño chilies, seeded and sliced thin crosswise (1/4-inch thick)
- 9 tablespoons finely shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 hamburger buns
- Caramelize the onion.
- Mix ground beef and seasoning mix until well blended.
- Divide ground beef mixture evenly in 6 balls. Form each into a thin patty.
- For each burger, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese on 1 patty.
- Top with about 4 chile slices and an additional 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Top with second patty, pressing edges to seal.
- Repeat to form a total of 3 burgers.
- Grill burgers over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through
(internal temperature of 160 degrees F).
- Serve burgers on rolls topped with caramelized onions.
15 min Prep time | 12 min Cook time | Serves: 3