Jalapeño & Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
This burger has layers of flavor from the smoky applewood seasoning in the ground
beef to the molten center of Cheddar cheese with jalapeño slices.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Applewood Steakhouse
Burgers Seasoning Mix
- 2 jalapeño chilies, seeded and sliced thin crosswise (1/4-inch
- 9 tablespoons finely shredded Cheddar cheese , divided
- 3 crusty rolls,
such as Kaiser rolls
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves
- 3 tomato slices
- 3 red onion
- Mix ground beef and Seasoning Mix until well blended.
- Divide ground beef mixture evenly in 6 balls. Form each into a thin patty.
- For each burger, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese on 1 patty.
- Top with about 4 chile slices and additional 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Top with second patty, pressing edges to seal.
- Repeat to form a total of 3 burgers.
- Grill burgers over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through
(internal temperature of 160 degrees F).
- Serve burgers on rolls topped with arugula, tomato, onion and desired condiments.
15 mins Prep time
12 mins Cook time
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 542 Cholesterol: 113mg
Sodium: 1039mg Protein: 38g Total Fat: 26g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate: 39g
Reprinted with permission from