Jalapeno Popper Burgers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (or more)
- Mix meat, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Shape the mixture into 12
thin patties, each about 4 inches in diameter.
- Mix the cream cheese, chili powder, cumin, dried onion and minced jalapeno.
- Top each of 6 patties with the cheese mixture, spreading to within 1/2 inch
of the edge. (If the mixture is difficult to spread, try heating it in the microwave
for about 15 seconds first.)
- Cover each patty with one of the remaining patties, sealing the edges firmly.
- Broil or grill the patties 4 inches from the heat, turning once, until the
desired doneness is reached and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.