Original Ranch Cheeseburgers
Here's the recipe from Hidden Valley's site. It would probably be a better idea to caramelize some onions and add them to the Ranch burgers. Both mixes would add an awful lot of salt to your burgers.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Hidden Valley Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup olive oil for frying onions
- 6 cup thinly sliced onions (approximately 3 pound)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- Combine seasoning and salad dressing mix with beef and cheese.
- Shape into 4 patties; cook thoroughly, until meat is no longer pink in the
- Toast buns before serving, if desired.
- Caramelized Onions: Heat olive oil and add onions, garlic, thyme, and bay
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the moisture has evaporated
and the mixture is very soft, almost smooth, and caramelized. This takes about
- Discard the bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.