Sloppy Joes on Soft Pretzel Buns
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 cups
- Pretzel salt
- 1 (1.3-ounce) packet sloppy joe seasoning mix
(15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1 1/4 cups water; let
stand for 7-8 minutes until creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center; add
oil and yeast mixture. Mix together to form dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough about 5 minutes until smooth;
adding flour as needed, dough will be slightly sticky.
- Lightly oil large bowl. Add dough turning to coat with oil. Cover with plastic
wrap and let rise in a warm place about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and form into fun shapes.
- Combine baking soda and hot water.
- Dip each pretzel into water mixture and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with pretzel salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Brown ground beef over medium-high heat until no pink remains; drain.
- Mix in sloppy joe seasoning and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and
simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve on pretzel bun.
Recipe and photo credit: Certified Angus Beef® brand.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.