A grilled burger with poblano, cheese and a hint of hot.
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef (80/20)
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced (2/3 cup)
- 4 ounces grated jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (like Cholula or Tapatio brands)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 burger buns
- By hand, combine ground beef, poblano, cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper
in a large mixing bowl.
- Form into six patties and grill over medium heat until internal temperature
is 160 degrees F.
- Suggested toppings - Avocado, grilled peppers, red onion, hot sauce, queso
fresca, tortilla chips.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Certified Angus Beef Board