Swiss Mushroom Burgers
These delicious hamburgers may also be served open-face, which is probably
better because the Mushroom Sauce tends to be a little messy in a closed burger.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or water
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 (3 ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- Mushroom Sauce: Combine mushrooms
and butter in 2-cup glass measure. Microwave on High, uncovered, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until
just about tender.
- Add water and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Microwave on High
for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens slightly, stirring once. Set aside.
- Burgers: Combine
ground beef, ketchup, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix lightly.
Shape into 4 patties; place on microwave-safe roasting rack. If desired,
brush with additional Worcestershire sauce. Cover with wax paper.
Microwave on High for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, rotating
- Place bottom half of buns on microwave-safe
serving plate. Top each with meat patty, mushroom sauce, cheese slice and top
half of bun. Microwave on High, uncovered, for 45 to 60 seconds or until cheese
starts to melt.
Yield: 4 servings
Photo credit: jeffreyww /
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes