Turkey Burgers with Creole Gravy
High protein turkey is the basis for these burgers served open-faced on French bread with Creole Gravy.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Heinz® HomeStyle Turkey Gravy
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package Butterball® Fresh All Natural Turkey Burger Patties
- 4 slices diagonally sliced warm French bread
- For the Creole Gravy, melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peppers, onions and celery
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, gravy, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring
to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray medium skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Add turkey burgers.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking
time until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- For each serving, place 1 slice of bread on a plate.
- Top with cooked burger and some of the Creole Gravy.
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: < 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 486 Fat 16g Cholesterol 94 Protein
% Daily Value Saturated Fat 7g 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% Sodium 2838mg 0% Carbohydrates
56g 0% Sugar 9g 0% Iron 0% Fiber 0% Calcium 0% Per Serving
Recipe and photo credit: Butterball, LLC.