- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced sautéed mushrooms
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- Combine rice, celery, onion, mushrooms and carrots.
- Add eggs, garlic powder, whole wheat flour and oat bran gradually.
- Shape and fry in oil in a hot frying pan. It may be necessary to dredge
burgers with whole wheat flour if they are soggy.
- Season after frying with more garlic powder.
- Serve on whole wheat bun with a slice of melted cheese.
Extra burgers may be frozen for later use.