- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted shortening
- 4 cups flour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1/4 pound grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dough: Combine water, yeast, sugar and salt. Let stand a few minutes.
- Add shortening and half of flour. Stir until well blended.
- Gradually add remaining flour until a firm dough results.
- Place in a greased bowl and let rise.
- Filling: Brown ground beef and onion. Drain off fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Roll out dough 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 3 1/2-inch squares.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of meat mixture in center of each square. Pull corners
together and pinch all the openings closed.
- Turn upside down on a greased pan. Mash down slightly; let rise until double
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown.
- Brush with melted margarine.