Wild West Burgers
- 8 hamburger patties (2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles, well drained
- 8 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup canned French-fried onions
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the hamburger patties on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Spread the barbecue sauce evenly over the tops of the patties and sprinkle
with the green chiles.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and a sprinkle of French-fried onions.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in the burgers and the
cheese is melted.
- Serve in the buns.