Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
- 1 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 2-quart dish, cover with water.
- Cover and bake
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile in skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth, stir into skillet mix.
- Add basil and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Drain chicken.
- Cut pastry sheets in half widthwise.
- On one side of each half, place a chicken
breast, 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, two ham slices and one cheese slice.
- Fold pastry over fillings and seal edges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.