Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound)
- 1 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Place chicken in a greased 2-quart dish, cover with water.
- Cover and bake
at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile in skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth, stir into skillet mix.
- Add basil and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Drain chicken.
- Cut pastry sheets in half widthwise.
- On one side of each half, place a chicken
breast, 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, two ham slices and one cheese slice.
- Fold pastry over fillings and seal edges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.