Mediterranean Cheese Foldovers
- 1 1/4 cups (6-ounce container) crumbled garlic-and-herb Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup
(2 ounces) finely shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can Pillsbury Grands!® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease large cookie sheet with shortening
or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix both cheeses, onions and olives. Mash with fork to break
up any large chunks of cheese.
- Stir in 1 egg and 1 egg white with fork until well combined.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 16
biscuit rounds. Press each into 3 1/2-inch dough round.
- Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon cheese mixture onto center of each dough round.
- Fold dough in half over filling; press edges to seal.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork until well blended; brush
over dough foldovers.
- Sprinkle sesame seed over each.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet; place on serving platter.
- Garnish platter with parsley and several olives.
- Serve warm.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 16-20 mins
Lynette Russell, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
America's Greatest Cheese Recipe
Award Winner 41st Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest, 2004
Reprinted with permission from
the American Dairy Association.