Try this zesty twist on the traditional corned beef and cabbage.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, drained well
- 6 tablespoons Russian dressing
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Additional caraway seeds
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine two rolls together and flatten into a 7-inch circle. Repeat with remaining
- Combine the sauerkraut, dressing, Swiss cheese and seeds together in a bowl.
- Divide the corned beef into 6 equal portions and place in the center of each
- Divide the sauerkraut mixture into 6 equal portions and place on top of corned
beef being careful that it doesn't touch the edges.
- Moisten the edges of each circle with water. Fold each dough circle in half covering
the filling. Press it down to seal edges together with your fingers or a fork.
- Place turnovers on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Make 3 small cuts in the top to vent the steam.
- Brush with beaten egg white and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 30 min | Bake Time: 20 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com