- 1 loaf frozen whole wheat bread dough
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, about 1/2 pound
- 12 to 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray a bread pan with Pam. Place frozen dough in the pan and cover with
plastic wrap. Let rise.
- Defrost frozen spinach in a medium bowl.
- Remove spinach to squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In the same bowl you used to defrost spinach, combine eggs with ricotta
cheese, nutmeg and spinach.
- Stir in mozzarella.
- Divide bread dough into quarters and roll into four 8-inch circles.
- Cover half of each dough circle with a quarter of the filling, leaving a
1/2-inch border around the edge.
- Fold dough over the filling to form a turnover. Press edges with the tines
of a fork to seal.
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam and place calzones on it.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes, or until calzones are puffed
and a deep golden brown.