This Spinach Stromboli is filled with Italian sausage, roasted peppers, Monterey
Jack cheese, and creamed spinach.
- 1 package creamed spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 (1
pound) loaf frozen bread dough, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, thoroughly cooked, drained and chopped
- 7 ounces
roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Roll bread dough into 10 x 15-inch rectangle on foil-lined and greased baking
- Combine Creamed Spinach and flour in medium bowl; add cooked sausage, peppers
- Spread mixture on top of dough rectangle to within one inch from edges.
- Roll dough up as for jelly roll, starting at long edge.
- Place Stromboli in center of baking sheet, keeping seam side down and tucking
- Cut four diagonal slits into top of Stromboli to allow filling to show through.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until brown.
- Brush with oil.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
Nutritional Information: Calories: 234 Calories from Fat: 107 Total Fat:
11.9 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 23 mg Sodium: 499 mg Carbohydrates: 23.6
g Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g Sugars: 2 g Protein: 9.2 g
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.