Sweet and Sour Pork Pockets
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup pork or chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pimiento, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Apricot preserves
- Sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup preserves, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce
and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
thickens and starts to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pork, green pepper and pimiento. Set aside.
- Separate dough into five biscuits. Separate each biscuit into two layers.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, press five biscuit pieces into 4-inch circles.
- Spoon pork mixture evenly over biscuit pieces.
- Press remaining five biscuit pieces into 4-inch circles.
- Place on top of pork mixture, stretching tightly to fit.
- Press edges with fork to seal.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush tops with apricot preserves: sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Makes 5 sandwiches.