Sandwich and Wrap Recipes
Turkey Sausage and Pepper Calzones
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 pound Italian seasoned turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Cook onion and pepper in oil until soft, add garlic, then sausage until cooked through.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza crust onto cutting board, cut into four 6 x 5 inch rectangles.
- Place on baking sheet, evenly distribute cheeses and turkey mixture onto dough rectangles.
- Bring opposite corners together and pinch together.
- Repeat with remaining sides, and pinch all corners together to form bundles.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Posted by bailonxys at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.