Rustic Chicken Club
A refrigerated pie crust holds a tempting filling of bacon, chicken and cheese
in this lovely entrée.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (3
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash salt
- Dash ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato,
seeded, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In skillet or microwave, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble
bacon; set aside.
- Meanwhile, line cookie sheet with heavy-duty foil. Remove pie crust from pouch;
place crust flat between 2 sheets of waxed paper. With rolling pin, roll crust into
14 x 12-inch oval. Remove top waxed paper; carefully turn pie crust over onto cookie
sheet. Remove waxed paper.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise evenly over crust to within 2 inches of
edge. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over mayonnaise.
- In small bowl, mix chicken, remaining 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, the mustard,
lemon juice, black pepper, celery salt, salt and ground red pepper. Spoon mixture
over Monterey Jack cheese. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese
- Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over filling, pleating crust as necessary and leaving
5 x 7-inch oval opening in center. Gently press down on edge to securely enclose
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork. Generously brush yolk mixture
over crust; sprinkle crust with sesame seed.
- Sprinkle lettuce over filling; press down lightly. Top with tomato and onions.
- Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 460 (Calories from
Fat 280), % Daily Value Total Fat 32g 32% (Saturated Fat 12g, 12% Trans Fat 0g 0%
115mg 115%; Sodium 760mg 760%; Total Carbohydrate 19g 19% (Dietary
Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g 1% ), Protein 26g 26%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 20%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from