Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 cups chopped or shredded roasted or grilled chicken
- 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon
finely chopped fresh tarragon, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black
pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Wheat or white
- Pickles for garnish
- Place chicken and celery in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, tarragon and salt and pepper to taste;
add to chicken mixture and toss until combined.
- Toast wheat or white bread, as desired.
- Place a lettuce leaf or two on a slice
of bread; mound with chicken mixture, and top with sliced red onion and second slice
Makes 4 to 6 sandwiches.
Source: Pinal County Shopper's Star Watch - August 2, 2003.