Vanilla Butter Shrimp Rolls
A sophisticated take on a regional American classic. Vanilla enhances the natural
sweetness of shrimp in these classic sandwiches.
- 8 New England-style hot dog rolls (top spilt) or regular
hot dog rolls, split
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick®
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or white wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cups small salad greens, such as mache,
- baby spinach
or baby arugula
- Lightly brush rolls with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat. Place rolls, buttered-side down, in skillet.
Toast for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet. Set
- Heat oil and remaining 1 tablespoon butter same skillet on medium heat.
Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp, paprika, salt and pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just
until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in sherry and vanilla; cook until heated through.
- Spread mayonnaise on each roll. Place baby greens in rolls. Spoon shrimp
mixture into each roll. Drizzle shrimp with remaining sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Calories: 273 Sodium: 459mg
Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 22g Cholesterol: 98mg Protein: 13g Fiber: 1g
Reprinted with permission from