Avocado, Bacon and Ranch
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 bacon slices
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 8 slices white or wheat bread
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 (1 ounce) slices Provolone cheese
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 8 slices
- Prepare bacon according to package directions then drain and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon of dressing. Top 4 of the bread slices with 1 slice of Cheddar cheese and 4 of the bread slices with 1 slice of Provolone. Top each Cheddar slice with 2 bacon slices and 2 avocado slices.
- In a hot nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the bread slices cheese side-up, over medium heat, until browned, about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Press Provolone-topped bread slices and Cheddar-topped slices together.
- Cut in half on the diagonal.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings