Baked Italian Heroes
- 6 (6- to 8-inch) hero (hoagie) rolls, split
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced deli salami
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced deli provolone cheese
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush the cut sides of the rolls with the Italian dressing.
- Layer the bottom halves with the salami, turkey, ham, cheese, tomato and onion; replace the tops.
- Place each on a piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove the aluminum foil and serve.
Yield: 6 sandwiches