Barbecued Turkey Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 pound (about 2 1/2 cups) cooked turkey, diced or julienned
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 6 buns (warmed, if desired)
- Melt the margarine in a skillet. Sauté onions. Add turkey and mix lightly.
- Add remaining ingredients (except buns). Stir well. Simmer for 15 minutes
or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on buns.
Yield: 6 servings, about 310 calories each
Source: Indiana University Hospital cookbook