Bistro Beef Sandwich
Red wine and roasted red peppers take this steak sandwich to new heights.
- 1 pound beef round tip steak, 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 crusty rolls (6 inches each), split, toasted
- Stack beef steaks, cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch strips.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir-fry beef strips and garlic (half at a time) 1-2 minutes or until outside
surface is no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet and season with 2 tablespoons of
the lite soy sauce and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium high until hot.
- Add onion and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are
- Add red peppers, wine and remaining 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Return beef to skillet and heat through.
- Serve beef mixture in rolls.
From the kitchen of Martin James - Copenhagen, Denmark.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes