Black Forest Beef Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons
sliced green onions
- 1 pound flank steak *
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices lightly buttered rye bread
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Sliced red onions
* Partially freeze flank steak to make slicing easier.
- In bowl combine applesauce, horseradish and sliced green onions; set aside.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain, 1/8-inch thick.
- In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter to sizzling.
- Add half the beef
and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper.
- Toss over high heat until lightly browned.
- Remove and repeat with remaining butter, steak, salt and pepper.
- For each serving: place a slice of toast on plate; cover with 1/4 cup of the
lettuce and 1/4 of the beef slices.
- Serve the applesauce mixture on the side.
- Garnish with red onion rings and watercress.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.