Black Forest Beef Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 pound flank steak *
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices lightly buttered rye bread toast
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Sliced red onions
* Partially freeze flank steak to make slicing easier.
- In bowl combine applesauce, horseradish and sliced green onions; set aside.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain, 1/8-inch thick.
- In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter to sizzling.
- Add half the beef and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper.
- Toss over high heat until lightly browned.
- Remove and repeat with remaining butter, steak, salt and pepper.
- For each serving: place a slice of toast on plate; cover with 1/4 cup of the
lettuce and 1/4 of the beef slices.
- Serve the applesauce mixture on the side.
- Garnish with red onion rings and watercress.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.