Corned Beef Braid
Put Corned Beef Braid on your dinner menu for St. Patrick's Day!
Prep: 30 min | Bake: 25 min | Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 12 Rhodes Dinner rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces sliced deli corned beef
- 2 cups spinach, cooked
- 2 small potatoes, baked and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Caraway seeds
- Spray counter lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dinner or Texas rolls and roll into a 12 x 16 inch rectangle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove wrap and spread mustard lengthwise in a 4 inch strip down center of dough.
- Top with corned beef, spinach and potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Make cuts 1 1/2 inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling.
- Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.
- Then braid strips alternately over filling.
- Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 375 degrees F 20 to 25 minutes.