Other seafood may be substituted for the crab, or may be added in addition to
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent
- In a double boiler, with water in bottom boiling vigorously, melt the butter.
- Blend in flour, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and
cook until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly but slowly. The mixture should
- Add 1 1/2 pounds crabmeat (if canned, wash in strainer to remove preservative,
and pick out any cartilage). Heat thoroughly.
- When sauce is thoroughly heated, add 3 tablespoons sherry wine, mix well, and
let set while water in bottom pan simmers. Keep covered. Let steep for 15 minutes
before serving over buttered toast or in patty shells.