Crab Tomato Sandwiches
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 6 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 large tomatoes, ripe but firm
- Heat oven to broil.
- Combine cream cheese, crab meat, lemon juice, egg, parsley,
Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper; blend carefully.
- Toast one side of the bread slices.
- Cut tomatoes into thick slices and place on untoasted side of bread slices.
- Spread with the topping mixture and broil about 5 inches from heat until puffed