Crabby's Grilled Cheese
Two kinds of cheese, tender sweet crab and thin slices of red onion take the
classic grilled cheese sandwich to a higher level!
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, extra for spreading
- 4 slices Italian or Vienna bread
- 2 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup flaked white or blue crabmeat, fresh and/or canned
- 2 thin slices red onion
- Sauté pepper in 1 tablespoon butter in skillet.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side.
- Place 2 bread slices, buttered side down, on top of pepper in skillet.
- On each slice of bread, layer 1/2 slice Muenster cheese,
1/2 slice Monterey Jack cheese, 2 tablespoons crabmeat, and half of the onions.
- Top each with remaining 1/2 slice Muenster cheese, 1/2 slice Monterey Jack cheese
and bread, buttered side up.
- Grill over medium-low heat, turning carefully, until golden brown.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Dairy Association