Cranberry Turkey Muffuletta
Seasoned cranberry sauce flavors this unique version of the famous New Orleans
muffuletta. It is then layered with red onion slices, turkey breast and Monterey
Jack cheese, and baked to perfection.
- 1 (7- to 8-inch) round Italian or artisan bread
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 thin red onion slices, separated into rings
- 4 slices (about 3 ounces) cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the top quarter off of the bread. Hollow out bottom and top of the bread,
leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Use the bread you pull out for croutons or bread crumbs.
Set bread shell aside.
- Combine cranberry sauce, celery, garlic, basil and vinegar in a small mixing
bowl. Spread in bottom of shell and top of bread.
- Place half of the onion slices
in bottom of bread. Top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Layer turkey on top. Spread remaining
cheese over turkey and top with remaining onion. Place top on bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Unwrap; cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.