Dixie Barbecue Sandwiches
Since this recipe uses cooked, shredded pork, you can easily use leftover brisket, pork roast, etc.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cooked, shredded pork
- 4-6 sandwich buns
- Combine all ingredients except pork in a saucepan. Cook slowly until
flavors are blended and butter is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in pork.
- Serve on buns.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Yield: 4 to 6 sandwiches
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes