French Dip Sandwich with au Jus
- 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 peppercorns (3 to 4)
- 8 French rolls, split
- Place roast in a slow cooker. Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings. Cover and
cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat from broth; shred with forks and keep warm. Strain broth; skim off
fat. Pour broth into small cups for dipping.
- Serve beef on buttered and toasted rolls.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/25/01 12:46:19 pm.
Source: Posted by liz 12 February 2000 11:17 pm