French Onion Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of pepper
- 4 (1-inch) slices French bread, toasted
- 2 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese, halved
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add steaks and cook over medium-high heat for
2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet, reserving drippings.
- Cook onion in drippings until tender.
- Combine broth, cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add
to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Place steaks on bread. Top with cheese and onion mixture.
Yield: 4 servings