Garden Veggie Bundles
- 12 Rhodes Texas Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium size yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10-12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- On a board or counter, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, press each roll
into a 4 x 5-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and sauté onions and garlic 1-2 minutes. Add
remaining vegetables and seasonings and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Divide vegetable mixture equally between 6 of the roll rectangles, keeping it
at least 1/2-inch away from the edges. Place 2 slices of cheese over vegetable mixture.
Using your fingers, moisten edges of dough with water. Place remaining 6 roll rectangles
over the cheese. Pinch edges together to seal and turn them up towards the top.
Dust with flour, if desired. Place bundles on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Hint: Use your favorite garden vegetables to personalize your bundles.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: