Garlic Bread with Philly Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds thin strips round steak
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Grated cheese to taste
- Sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- Philly Steak: Cut meat into 3 x 1/2-inch strips. Cut the bell pepper the same way. Cut mushrooms
into slices. Slice onion thinly and mince garlic finely.
- Pan brown the meat at medium high for about 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients.
Lower heat and sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes until a nice, beefy sauce is made
in the pan.
- Serve on garlic French bread.
- Garlic Bread: Slice bread in half lengthwise. Butter both cut sides. Add remaining
ingredients, sprinkling evenly on both halves. Microwave 30 seconds or heat in the
oven 5 minutes.
- Serve with "Philly" steak or a side dish.