Grilled Tomato and Brie Sandwiches
- 8 (1-ounce) slices 100% whole-grain bread (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups packaged baby arugula and spinach greens
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices beefsteak tomato
- Cooking spray
- Heat grill, grill pan, griddle or skillet over high heat. Brush one side of each
bread slice with oil; rub with cut sides of garlic. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard
on each of 4 bread slices, oil side down. Top with 1 ounce cheese, 1/3 cup greens
and 2 tomato slices. Top with remaining bread, oil side up.
- Coat pan or grill with cooking spray. Cook sandwiches about 2 minutes per side
until lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 234 calories; 11g protein; 27g carbohydrate; 10g fat (5g saturated);
28mg cholesterol; 445mg sodium; 6.5g fiber
Source: Cooking Light magazine, June 2009