Italian Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 4 slices mozzarella or provolone
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut a 3-inch pocket in each slice of bread; place a slice of cheese in each pocket.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic salt; soak bread for 2
minutes on each side.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.