Josefinas (Toast with Chile Cheese)
- 1 (1/2 pound) slender baguette
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut baguette in half horizontally.
- In a bowl, mix shredded cheese, chiles, onion, sour cream, garlic and paprika.
- Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of baguette. Dust lightly with more paprika.
Set, cheese mixture up, on a 17 x 14-inch baking sheet.
- Broil 4 inches from heat until topping is puffy and lightly browned, about 6
- Serve warm.