Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches
- 12 slices turkey breast
- 12 slices bread
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 to 36 mushroom caps
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice to cream of chicken soup and heat
(do not boil).
- Wrap mushrooms in foil and heat in 350 degree F oven.
- Cook bacon until crisp and drain bacon on bread slices and toast on one side.
- Place bread in large baking dishes and top with turkey slices, cheese sauce and
salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and heat in 350 degree F oven until turkey is slightly brown.
- Remove and add bacon slices and other condiments if desired.