- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 slices Italian or other white bread
- 4 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 (wide) slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Combine first 3 ingredients; spread on four slices of bread. Top each with four
bacon pieces, two tomato slices, and a slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Cook sandwiches on
both sides until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted, adding more butter
Makes 2 servings.