Here's a quick (20 minute) Mustard Bread for 6+ people.
- 1 loaf (soft) Italian bread
- 1 (8 slice) package "REAL" Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces favorite mustard
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter
- Melt butter over low flame in a 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Just before it boils,
squeeze in mustard to fill measuring cup. Stir vigorously while the butter cools
and blends in smoothly.
- Slice Italian bread into 10 to 12 (1-inch thick) pieces, but not completely through.
Liberally brush each side of the sliced bread with 2 strokes of the mustard. Cut
package of Swiss cheese in half and slide a piece between each slice of bread. Cover
in foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese gets soft. If you like
bacon, top with 6 uncooked bacon slices before cooking.
Shared with Recipe Goldmine from the kitchen of David Planchon.