Meatball Sub Sandwiches
These hearty hot sandwiches would be terrific for football parties.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon sage
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie buns
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Marinara sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine ground beef or turkey eggs, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic,
Parmesan cheese and sage and mix thoroughly. Roll into golf ball sizes.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare buns by shaving a thin layer off the top of each. Remove some of
the bready interior so you're left with a "submarine."
- Spread marinara sauce on each sub, then add 3 or 4 meatballs. Top with
more sauce and slices of mozzarella cheese. Place in oven just long enough
to melt the cheese.
Yield: 4 to 5 subs
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes